National Transportation Safety Board
One of the National Transportation Safety Board's recommendations for decreasing the number of traffic fatalities seems dead on arrival in the Indiana General Assembly. But that shouldn't stop the state from following up on another suggestion.
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana's federal-phobic Legislature likely won't follow a national safety panel's recommendation that states reduce their drunken driving limits to 0.05 blood alcohol content from 0.08.
SPRINGFIELD | A proposal to toughen drunk-driving laws is getting mixed reviews among Illinois legislators, top state officials and local police.
Officials in three counties and an environmental conservation organization support the plan to replace Enbridge Energy Partners LP's aging Line 6B oil pipeline with a new state-of-the-art system.
CHICAGO | New air traffic control procedures have been put in place at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport to try to eliminate the risk of midair collisions over a pair of runways, after two near misses last year raised serious concerns, federal officials said Wednesday.
Enbridge Energy Partners LP expects to begin construction this year on part of a $1.9 billion effort to replace a pipeline originating in Griffith that had a segment rupture and release more than 800,000 gallons of oil in southwest Michigan in July 2010.
Follow The Times
Every Sunday, the buffet table holds delicious breakfast and lunch dishes for our all-you-can-eat brunch.
Held every Sunday, with seating between 11:00am and 2:00p…
Hello Dolly - June 14-16, 21-23, 28-30 Adults $21, Seniors (55+) $18, Military/Students (with valid ID) $18, Contact Box Office for Group Rates.
- The Matchmaker finally meets her Match! 219-948-5137
You pay what you believe you can afford You pay what you beli…
Paper Product Sale! Packs of notepads for $6.99! Get a case of paper for ONLY $24.95 with your office supply order of $100 or more!
For details call or visit us online! 800-837-1400 / www.…
Roofing, siding, insulation, windows, garages, and pole barns!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am