CROWN POINT | A state highway official who asked Lake County officials for help in planning the Illiana Expressway instead got an earful of why the proposed highway is a bad idea.
VALPARAISO | It will be three Republican newcomers seeking election to the Porter County Council against three Democrats who are either incumbents or have been on the council in the past.
Republican voters face so many good choices in the Porter County Council at-large race Tuesday that it's a shame they can vote for only three candidates. If only the selection on the Democratic Party side were that good.
Three familiar names and one newcomer are on the Democratic primary ballot seeking the three nominations for the at-large positions on the Porter County Council.
The Grinch fever spread after an audit said the Lake County Planning Department shouldn't put notary public fees into the office's Christmas party fund.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Planning Department's Christmas party may be a little less cheery this month since state auditors turned a Scrooge-like eye on the agency.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Assessor Hank Adams said the retooled Lake County Property Tax Board of Appeals already has cut a four-year-old backlog of old cases by 25 percent.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Tax Assessment Board of Appeals will be shorthanded when it meets Friday to again take up thousands of overdue requests by home and business owners to lower their tax burden.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Council says it threw a lariat over a south county rodeo that its neighbors claim was wilder than a bucking bronco.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Council voted Wednesday to name Ned Kovachevich, the county's planning director, to replace Carol Ann Seaton on the county Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals.
CROWN POINT | The newly elected Lake County Council is set next week to make official a referendum on the May primary election ballot to raise property taxes in the Crown Point school district.
Follow The Times
customers 62 and over receive 10% off their total purchase! (E…
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
At Hoosier Chiropractor, our philosophy is simple, you only pa…
Stop in to our showroom today and save 30%-50%-70% Off during …
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am