HAMMOND | Northwest Indiana Civil War soldiers fought toe-to-toe with one of the premier generals of the Confederate army and rarely get their due credit, a Florida author said Saturday while visiting Hammond.
HAMMOND | Dozens of men from Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties watched as more than a third of their 73rd Indiana Infantry regiment fell in one of of the bloodiest battles of America's bloodiest war.
Follow The Times
- 1 Man loses job, goes to jail after Facebook comments targeting police
- 2 Four teens charged in killing at River Oaks Mall
- 3 Munster man expected to serve 11 years under OWI plea agreement
- 4 Officials seek help ID'ing woman killed by semi on U.S. 30
- 5 Trees, utility poles downed as storm slams region
Click here to check out Ciao Bella Ristorante's website to see all we have to offer wih our Tuscan cuisine...
Click here now!
On October 17th we'll put a spell on you! Enjoy this Halloween…
Start marking those dreaded household projects off your To-Do list ~ Call 219-359-4990 today for all your handyman repair and remodel needs!
Get the most for your home improvement investment. Call Trans…
We offer custom opening shower doors tailored to your bathroom…
Should the Indiana attorney general's office compel all Lake County municipalities to merge E-911 dispatch services?