Last year, for the first time in decades, East Chicagoans were able to vote for their representatives on the School Board. In the November election, voters rejected two of the three members of that School Board -- members appointed by the current mayor.
VALPARAISO | In the category of "every little bit helps," the city officially added 5.66 miles of roads to its inventory for state certification in order to qualify for additional state highway money.
EAST CHICAGO | A popular program to support owner-occupied housing in the city is being expanded to provide down payment assistance for properties in any neighborhood, and to buyers at all income levels.
EAST CHICAGO | After a year of "rolling up our sleeves and getting to work," East Chicago Mayor Anthony Copeland, now with a four-year mandate from voters, said 2012 will be "a year of purpose" in addressing the city's long-standing challenges.
EAST CHICAGO | Lake County and East Chicago city officials are about to be in a high-stakes showdown with Ameristar Casino over more than $4 million in public development chips.
Follow The Times
call Albert's at 322-2700 or 769-1976
Let’s get back to having a healthy body and a new you!
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that has proud…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm