Northwest Indiana Bancorp
The parent companies of Munster-based Peoples Bank and Michigan City-based Horizon Bank have received recognition as ranking among the nation's top community banks.
The Munster-based holding company for Peoples Bank said Friday its earnings in 2012 were up 27.3 percent and the institution set a record for profits earned.
Second-quarter profit for Munster-based NorthWest Indiana Bancorp was essentially flat from a year ago as the bank continued measures to improve its balance sheet.
The Munster-based parent of Peoples Bank made $1.4 million in the first quarter as improvements in asset quality helped the bank reduce its loan loss reserve.
MUNSTER | NorthWest Indiana Bancorp said its profit rose 24 percent in the fourth quarter as better economic conditions helped the bank cut its provision for losses on loans from a year ago.
NorthWest Indiana Bancorp earned $1.7 million in the second quarter as improving asset quality helped the company overcome weak loan demand.
The parent of Munster-based Peoples Bank has received recognition for the sixth year in a row as one of the nation's top community banks.
MUNSTER | The holding company for Peoples Bank posted a modest increase in its fourth-quarter profit as net interest income offset higher expenses such as employee compensation.
Follow The Times
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Reg. $4.99ea. Now through 6/30. 219-365-0882 www.alsipnursery.…
Make sure everything is properly working before you invite you…
Sign up now for a 1 or 2 year membership and get 3 months free
The Best Kept Secret in Snow and Ice Management is Out! $12 f…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am