Author Edgar Rice Burroughs' "Tarzan, Lord of the Apes" is the character he created in 1912 and later inspired movies, television shows, cartoons and now, even gaming slot machines. Burroughs, who died at age 74 in 1950, was born and raised in the Oak Park neighborhood of Chicago.
A desire to recycle, save money and add that personal, imaginative touch is what entices many crafty people to create what easily can be bought. This time of year, that includes crafting a lunch sack.
When the phone rings and you see the name "John Mahoney" on the caller ID, it's a no-brainer that you're going to be talking about the actor's memorable roles in television and film and on stage with Chicago's Steppenwolf ensemble. Less predictable, on the other hand, are the topics of Speed…
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Diane Gilbert Madsen recently released her new book "Hunting for Hemingway." The author and her book were celebrated at a recent Hemingway-themed dinner at Kiki's Bistro in Chicago. (Provided photo. Photo not for sale through The Times.)
Foodies celebrated the legendary Ernest Hemingway as well as a new book by author Diane Gilbert Madsen during a special dinner last week in Chicago.
It's a big weekend for folks in Steger as they host the annual Steger Day Celebration from 9 a.m. to midnight Saturday at Veterans Park.
Follow The Times
Call Midwest Accounting, LLC today at 219-845-8615.
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
Must be a valid, current offer. Please present coupon at …
$250.00 Off any landscape project over $4,000.00. (please pres…
Better Homes Services has been proudly serving Porter County …
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm