WHITING | The Whiting Oilers might be the quietest undefeated team in the world.
WHITING | Bishop Noll coach Paul Wirtz knew he needed a good pitching performance from Julian Guerrero to help shut down a potent Whiting offense.
For most freshmen, taking the court Saturday morning in a semistate match against the No. 2 team in the state would be a daunting task.
WHITING | With the wind howling around Oil City Stadium on Thursday, the Oilers needed to be on their toes defensively all game long.
HIGHLAND | In 2009, Sam Sakevicius and Christiann Tavitas were freshmen alternates on the Munster team that made semistate. They watched from the sidelines while the Mustangs defeated Valparaiso and South Bend St. Joseph before bowing to Carmel in the state semifinals.
HIGHLAND | While Munster (19-1) got one step closer to its 27th regional title, Whiting (11-2) got to new and unfamiliar territory.
It was more than a milestone when the Oilers won their first-ever Greater South Shore Conference tournament last month. It was an arrival.
Follow The Times
Time to take control of your life!
Sign up for the 2013 season and get 2 free cuts!
Individual taxation can seem complicated and confusing, but th…
Let’s get back to having a healthy body and a new you!
Call Midwest Accounting, LLC today at 219-845-8615. We have pr…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm