Old Grade School
The building known as the Old Grade School stands partially demolished Friday in Lowell. Once listed on the Indiana Landmarks "Most Endangered List," the building fell into such disrepair that it could not be saved. The demolition is expected to cost $177,000. About $175,000 in funding for t…
Workers demolish the building known as the Old Grade School on Friday in Lowell. The nearly one-acre lot will be leveled and grass seed with be planted, town officials said. Future plans for the lot remain undetermined.
LOWELL | The once-stately brick building known locally as the Old Grade School is coming down, closing the final chapter on the storied historical structure.
LOWELL | A protective fence will go up Wednesday around the Old Grade School property on East Main Street, signaling the beginning of the end for the historical brick structure now owned by the town.
LOWELL | After a decade of wrangling with owner of the historic structure known as the Old Grade School, the Town Council agreed Monday to hire a company to demolish the brick building.
LOWELL | Despite an objection from its former owner, the Town Council is moving forward with its plans to demolish the deteriorating hilltop structure adjacent to Town Hall known locally as the Old Grade School.
LOWELL | Town officials will soon have engineers inside the deteriorating Old Grade School building to examine the structure and prepare for demolition.
LOWELL | The Town Council moved a step closer Monday to demolishing what is locally known as the "old grade school."
LOWELL | Maria Bodor, owner of the deteriorating brick building known locally as the Old Grade School on Main Street, has been granted the right to continue her appeal to stop its demolition.
Follow The Times
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
We are your Weber Grill headquarters! FREE assembly & FREE delivery on all gas Weber Grills $299.99 & up!
(888) 539-1875 southlakeautomall.com
Fast-teks’ highly trained staff provides professional, high-qu…
We have been proudly serving Porter County Indiana with plumbi…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season2 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins4 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm