MUNSTER | Claudia Lopez and Carolyn Frye, right, prepare smoke house turkey sandwiches for lunchtime at the new Panera restaurant in Munster Monday, May 16, 2011.
Despite the country's stagnant economy, the town is experiencing a rise in commercial construction. The latest project is the demolition of a former medical office building located at 533 Ridge Road to make room for a business.
Claudia Lopez, center, and Carolyn Frye, right, prepare sandwiches Monday for lunchtime at the new Panera restaurant in Munster.
Calumet City resident Cherlyn Robinson while working on her laptop Monday while eating at the new Panera in Munster.
MUNSTER | Cashier Titilayo Olugosi takes Muster resident Michael Fane's order at the new Panera restaurant. The Munster restaurant opened Monday morning.
Mother and daughter Vi and Susan Hmurovic, of Whiting ,and Cherlyn Robinson, of Calumet City, dine at the new Panera restaurant in Munster last spring.
Follow The Times
Dr. David M. Smith has 25 years of experience!
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
0% APR for 60 mo on 2013 F-150's. Ford Credit Financing OR up to $6,250 in Total Savings PLUS $1,000 Ford Credit Bonus Cash PLUS $1,000 Trade Assist
(219) 787-8600 www.lakeshoremotors.com
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
In Today's Paper
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm