HAMMOND | Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. can comfortably settle in for four more years as Lake County Democratic party boss.
CROWN POINT | Lake Auditor Peggy Katona said Monday she will give homeowners until the end of January to file paperwork needed to retain their property tax credits.
Today's topic is the ins and outs of inns. Or, to put it another way, should short-term home rentals be subject to the innkeeper's tax?
CROWN POINT | Lake County officials have no reservations about going after homeowners doubling as hoteliers for past due innkeeper taxes.
CROWN POINT | A wave of taxes may soon crash on Lake County residents who are peddling their homes as waterfront retreats.
CROWN POINT | Some 38,000 Lake and Porter county homeowners have only a few weeks left to avoid a large property tax increase in 2013 by completing their homestead verification forms.
CROWN POINT | The Indiana State Board of Accounts is scolding some Lake County officials for sloppy bookkeeping and failure to promptly distribute taxes to cities, towns and township government agencies.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Treasurer John Petalas and Auditor Peggy Katona are urging the public to get online for their upcoming tax sale.
CROWN POINT | Lake County commissioners want to bring the gavel down on deceptive bidders at their tax sales.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Treasurer John Petalas said his office is ready to begin administering a property tax amnesty if it becomes law.
CROWN POINT | Lake County's local government officials happily picked up property tax revenue checks that were earlier and fatter than last year.
Two Lake County sheriff's officers named as targets in a federal investigation oversaw a department discretionary fund that went nearly unchecked in the past several years.
Peggy Katona, democratic candidate for Lake County Auditor.
Follow The Times
Call today and mention offer nwirepair. St. John’s Plumbing is…
For nearly 60 years, Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation has bee…
We will bring your carpet back to life.
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
Our artist’s specialty is bringing your imagination to life.
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm