Personal Injury Accident
LAKE COUNTY | An East Chicago man was airlifted to a Chicago-area trauma center after crashing into the back of a semitrailer early Saturday on Cline Avenue near the Borman Expressway.
A man accused in crimes at two local restaurants allegedly injured an elderly woman while taking her purse, knocked the woman's husband to the ground and later crashed a car during a chase with Merrillville police.
A man was transported to a Chicago-area trauma center Thursday after a freight train hit a vehicle south of Dyer, police said.
HAMMOND | An early morning crash Wednesday on the eastbound Borman Expressway at Cline Avenue sent one man to a local hospital and backed up traffic for miles.
PINE TOWNSHIP | Three people were injured — one seriously — in an accident Tuesday morning on U.S. 20.
CROWN POINT | A Lake County Highway Department worker was struck by a Highway Department truck Wednesday morning in Crown Point, sending the employee to the hospital.
Two men arrested following what police called near collisions with a golf cart and jogger outside Wanatah will not face charges.
GARY | A 33-year-old Hometown, Ill. man was seriously injured Monday afternoon when he slammed his pickup truck into the back of a semi's box trailer on the Borman Expressway in an alcohol-related crash, police said.
CROWN POINT | The driver of a semi tractor pulling double trailers drove off Interstate 65 late Tuesday south of Crown Point and told police he didn't remember getting on the expressway.
GARY | A 52-year-old suburban Chicago man was injured early Thursday morning after the truck he was driving slammed into the back of another truck on the Borman Expressway near Broadway.
LAKE COUNTY | Ind. 2 was closed from U.S. 41 to the Illinois state line for more than eight hours after a trailer separated from a semi trailer there Monday night, police said.
A 22-year-old Munster man was hospitalized early Tuesday after injuring his back in a rollover accident on Interstate 65.
Follow The Times
Visit MJ Polish Deli’s Virtual Store-Order Online Today!
For all your sump pump and sewer service needs, contact
No one wants dandelions, weeds or any type of pest taking over…
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
The Free Spirit Church and Wedding Chapel is located in downto…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am