Sting operation: Wasps, hornets and yellow jackets offer benefits despite their bad-temper reputation
There's a reason the age-old expression "Stepping into a hornet's nest" carries such strong connotation.
Horticulturalist Nikky Witkowski, a Lake County Purdue Extension educator, says she even gets "the casual question" from her husband.
Nikky Witkowski, an agriculture and natural resources educator for Purdue University Extension, was outside her home one March evening and was surprised to be bitten by mosquitoes.
With more forethought, Adam might not have bitten the apple and I might not have planted apple trees. But he did, and I did, and we each must deal with the consequences.
I was in the garage when I heard the scream. I knew the sound the way you know your own child's cry. Because this was my child! I rushed in and found her shrieking and shaking.
"Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home..." Whoops, she did! And her home is also my home and your home.
Follow The Times
Learn about less invasive options. http://www.comhs.org/all_cl…
Premium Title Group offers real estate, loan closings and titl…
Includes: Dental Exam, Bitewing X-ray, Check-up X-ray, Oral Ca…
At Hoosier Chiropractor, our philosophy is simple, you only pa…
Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am