Mike Repay’s yard signs prior to the 2012 Lake County commissioner’s Democratic primary were emphatic — “No new taxes.”
HAMMOND | The Democratic primary race for 3rd District Lake County commissioner was too close to call Tuesday night, with Lake County Councilman Michael C. Repay leading North Township board member Richard J. Novak by only double digits.
People do not want a Lake County income tax. Last election Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. cried and cried in favor of the county tax and supported Rich Novak for county commissioner. Novak now says he's against the county tax, but he can be manipulated.
There are three candidates running for 3rd District Lake County commissioner on the Democratic ticket.
CROWN POINT | Lake County's spring primary offers voters a buffet of races among veteran officials, perennial candidates and bright-eyed newcomers.
CROWN POINT | Richard Novak has joined the Democratic race to fill the Lake County commissioner seat being vacated by incumbent Fran DuPey.
CROWN POINT | Peter Katic is bidding to return to the Lake County government office that he was forced out of 16 years ago.
Follow The Times
Contact Russell Tree Care today at 219-863-9953. We specialize…
Call 219 934 0750 for Details.
Galvanized steel is no longer an acceptable material for potab…
We will bring your carpet back to life.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm