Seventeen million Americans bring home a new pet each year, according to the American Humane Association - and a lot of those pets are adorable puppies.
It's fun for parents to surprise children with new small pets, like guinea pigs and hamsters. Plus, these small animals are a great first pet for kids and can teach children responsibility.
CALUMET TOWNSHIP | Kandi Sickles believed she had lost all but one of her champion show dogs in the fire Monday that destroyed her Elm Street home, but a phone call Tuesday gave her hope in the midst of her grief.
A holiday present for Fido or Fluffy used to be an extra table scrap or a new squeeze toy. But as with gifts for their human counterparts, pet presents are becoming increasingly high-tech.
Rocker Bret Michaels' latest pet project is literally one our furry friends would love.
Follow The Times
Whether you already have a drawing in hand or only an idea in …
Get the dazzling white smile you’ve always wanted. Call Today…
Buy 9 sandwich combos and get the 10th free.
We also have a one class per week program for adults!
In a world of ever changing tax laws by our federal, state and…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm