Pew Center On The States
INDIANAPOLIS | Former Gov. Mitch Daniels may have been the loudest voice calling for the type of criminal sentencing reform legislation that was approved by a state House committee last week, but it was his sister, Deborah Daniels, a former U.S. attorney and U.S. assistant attorney general, …
Sixteen percent of Indiana students in kindergarten through 12th grade are in special education programs, according to the Pew Center on the States.
Indiana officials went into this year's session of the Indiana General Assembly with a solid proposal for comprehensive sentencing reform. It is unfortunate that the plan died in the partisan free-for-all.
Indiana received an F and Illinois a B in this May 24 report on children's dental health from the Pew Center on the States.
Indiana received an F in a new Pew Center on the States report on children's dental health. It is a discouraging grade, especially when neighboring Illinois received a B.
Driving west on U.S. 12 near Niles, Mich., last summer, one of those highway beautification signs caught my eye. This particular mile of highway was sponsored by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association.
Indiana's incarceration rate is frighteningly high. It's clearly time for sentencing reform.
Follow The Times
Works package! Oil & filter, tire rotation, and multi point inspection for $39.95 (up to 5qts of motorcraft semi-synthetic oil).
See advisor for details, cannot be combined with any other spe…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
Need a tree removed? Cover the cost and we will trim other tr…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am