BILLINGS, Mont. | Energy companies behind the oil boom on the Northern Plains are increasingly turning to an industrial-age workhorse — the locomotive — to move their crude to refineries across the U.S., as plans for new pipelines stall and existing lines can't keep up with demand.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is holding a public hearing Dec. 18 in LaPorte on two applications Enbridge Energy LP has filed as a result of planned water quality impacts for its new Line 6B pipeline project.
Bill LaFever doesn't want to fight, but he isn't afraid to, either.
PORTAGE | Representatives from Enbridge Energy Partners LP told a group of about 100 people Thursday morning the company has learned from past oil spills and will be safer because of them going forward.
Pipelines run above ground along Avenue H in Griffith. The Calumet Region sits on top of hundreds of miles of pipelines carrying products including natural gas liquids and crude oil.
It's no longer a matter of if an oil spill or natural gas leak could occur in northern Indiana because both have happened here.
Pipelines run above ground along Avenue H near Kennedy Avenue in Griffith. The entire Calumet Region sits on top of hundreds of miles of pipelines carrying millions of gallons of natural gas, crude oil and refined petroleum products every day. The region is a major hub for the transportation…
These pipeline locations were gleaned from the collaborative GIS project IndianaMap.org.
Follow The Times
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
We do full body off, “rotisserie” restorations to NCRS specifi…
Jet Black monument with waterfall etching.
Secret's Loving Care is a not-for-profit adult day service. We…
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season6 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins8 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm