From left to right: Brooklyn Dodgers Jackie Robinson and Harold Reese, and St. Louis Cardinals Eddie Kazak and Albert Schoendienst, are shown June 1, 1949, in New York. (AP Photo/Murray Becker)
Gay athletes in professional and amateur sports is a subject that won't go away, nor should it have to.
VALPARAISO | The Players is a 5th and 6th grade boys basketball team made up of Valparaiso area youth.
Harry Tucker, 82, of Lowell, lines up the eight ball for a winning shot in his 14,999th game with Dave Starrett, 67, of Monticello.
Harry Tucker, 82, of Lowell, left, lines up a shot while he and Dave Starrett, 67, of Monticello shoot their 15,000th game of pool together.
Dave Starrett, 67, of Monticello, racks the balls. He and Harry Tucker, 82, of Lowell, recently played their 15,000 game of pool together. Tucker won, and he hold the lead in the series, which began in 1991.
Dave Starrett, 67, of Monticello, lines up a shot during the 14,997th game he's played with Harry Tucker, 82, of Lowell.
Dave Starrett, 67, left, and Harry Tucker, 82, of Lowell, celebrate after completing their 15,000th game of pool in the basement of Tucker's home. They started keeping score in October 1991.
It only took Harry Tucker, of Lowell, and Dave Starrett, of Monticello, about 20 years to play 15,000 games of pool against each other.
Follow The Times
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
2012 President Award Winner and Toyota Time Sales Event features ZERO percent on 9 different models.
Visit us at www.toyotaofmerrillville.com
Is your sink leaking? Call Access A Plumber 24/7
See our website, www.steinerhomesltd.com for more details. (21…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am