New Chicago was established in about 1908, between Hobart and Lake Station. Most of the land development came right after the Korean War.
When people shopping for a home look at a community, they want to know about the quality of life in a community. They look at the schools, the parks, the libraries and so forth.
VALPARAISO | The Valparaiso Parks Department has a priority list of projects it wants to do in 2013 but only enough money to do about a third of them.
HEBRON | We are, as our motto says, “A community working together."
Architect and playground builder Ron King is part of a robust movement to bring back more natural play, with environments that serve up some messiness and risk-taking along with exercise.
VALPARAISO | Volunteers battled the cold, wind and rain Friday to remove playground equipment at Fairgrounds Park so it can be refurbished and used at the Kids Alive International children's village in Haiti.
KOUTS | The town put on a prettier face in 2011, and the makeover is expected to continue this year.
SOUTH HAVEN | Work continued Friday on the installation of new playground equipment at Haven Hollow Park along County Road 700 North.
PORTAGE | Neighbors of Perry Park would like to see the community park restored to what it once was.
PORTAGE | The Portage Township Schools board recently awarded a contract for purchasing playground equipment for special needs students.
Follow The Times
Contact dealer for details. (219) 874-4293 BosakHondaMC.com
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
Automatic Pool Covers Make Sense...
Indiana Furniture Showcase 219.465.0545 www.indiana-furniture.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am