The Illinois Department of Public Health is not expecting a decrease any time soon with more reported cases from previous weeks coming in, but the flu vaccine is still available and may help those with current health problems avoid the virus.
Health officials on Monday said suspected flu cases have jumped in five Southern states, and the primary strain circulating tends to make people sicker than other types.
Rebeka Kasper, of Crown Point, is a 20-year-old student at Purdue University West Lafayette.
Rebeka Kasper has survived what her doctor called "the perfect storm" of illnesses. She was treated for near-fatal combination of mononucleosis, streptococcus, severe pneumonia and toxic shock syndrome.
Follow The Times
Our mission at Dutch Pet Motel is to treat all pets with love …
Russell's Tree Care has proudly served the community since 198…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am