WASHINGTON | President Barack Obama has chosen Elisse Walter, one of five members of the Securities and Exchange Commission, to head the agency. Chairman Mary Schapiro will leave next month after a tumultuous tenure in which she helped lead the government's regulatory response to the financi…
This combo made from undated photos provided by the U.S. Marshals Service shows Janet Hallahan, left, and her husband, Nelson Grant Hallahan. The Hallahans, who spent a dozen years on the run after fleeing a conviction for running a Ponzi scheme, have been captured in a small community west …
CHICAGO | Marcia Markwalder says Nelson Hallahan's hands constantly shook and he couldn't look her in the eye, yet despite her unease she and her late husband still gave him $35,000 to invest and recommended that friends do the same.
Follow The Times
Pay for the removal of any dead or unhealthy tree, and we will…
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
The water heater in your home is an appliance typically not th…
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
Brag in your yard about the new arrival!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm