Porter County Commissioner
VALPARAISO | The Porter County Board of Commissioners have approved a feasibility study for the Expo Center that would determine a variety of uses for the center in the future -- if funding can be found for the study.
VALPARAISO | Porter County Commissioner Nancy Adams thinks the potential for the county's high school students is endless, especially if she can help get the right tools in their hands.
Ethics in local government is not an oxymoron. In fact, the vast majority of municipal employees want to do the right thing and are proud of the service they render. However, the devil is always in the details.
Porter County Commissioner Nancy Adams is still learning the ropes. She's also learning from her mistake, something she deserves credit for.
In the May 19 edition, The Times' Doug Ross, Mark Kiesling and Robert Blaszkiewicz tackle the latest political issues, including the flap over Nancy Adams' plane ride to Indianapolis, backlash over the Indiana Supreme Court's ruling on illegal police entry and President Obama's speech on the…
PORTAGE | City staffers will be the first to admit it is difficult to traverse Portage this spring.
VALPARAISO | Porter County Commissioner John Evans has stepped aside as a member of the Gary/Chicago Airport Authority, saying he is too busy with other commitments.
VALPARAISO | Porter County Commissioner John Evans accused the state of using threats and blackmail to force the county Tuesday to comply with a written agreement to maintain the bridge carrying traffic into the U.S. Steel property north of U.S. 12 in Portage.
Follow The Times
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
Call Pustai Heating and Cooling today at 219-924-5112. We have…
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
Spend less time cleaning!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm