Porter County Courts
VALPARAISO | A Gary man turned himself in to police Wednesday just hours after the Portage woman accused of hiring him to kill a tow truck driver had her initial hearing.
VALPARAISO | Porter Superior Court Judge Roger Bradford echoed the words of a prosecutor Monday when he told Dale Sterling Jr. he was tired of seeing him in court.
VALPARAISO | A hearing to determine whether the trial for Reinaldo Figueroa III should be delayed was postponed Tuesday morning.
VALPARAISO | A Chesterton woman pleaded guilty but mentally ill Monday to a felony count stemming from allegations that she slit her 11-year-old son's wrists before turning the blade on herself.
VALPARAISO | A former Porter County sheriff's officer pleaded guilty Monday to driving under the influence after causing two crashes while celebrating the 2010 election victory of his then-boss, Porter County Sheriff David Lain.
INDIANAPOLIS | A Northwest Indiana native is the top judge in the state.
VALPARAISO | Charges have been dismissed against a former South Haven man accused of stealing shopping carts from a local grocery store.
VALPARAISO | Prosecutors have dismissed charges against a 59-year-old man who was accused of engaging in sex acts with a much younger man with Down syndrome in his care at the InPact Inc. home in Valparaiso.
VALPARAISO | Cell phones were banned 3.5 years ago from the three courthouse buildings, and now Porter County is offering unaware visitors an option to taking their phones back to their cars or stashing them in nearby shrubs.
VALPARAISO | A felony rape charge was dismissed against a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman he used to work with at the local Bartholomew Funeral Home.
Follow The Times
Remodeling your bathroom is one of the best ways to improve yo…
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
A fun way to celebrate a special occasion… Each greeting consi…
Weddings by Rev. Doug Klukken will perform your wedding to you…
We offer warranty for life, zero dwnpymt programs, pay to…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm