Porter County United Way
VALPARAISO | Children in Porter County fare better than the state average in most statistical areas, but the number of those in poverty has increased dramatically in the past few years.
VALPARAISO | To help prevent the Asian longhorn beetle from doing the kind of damage communities are now dealing with from the emerald ash borer, a two-hour workshop on the invasive pests will be held Monday for the public.
AmeriCorps members of the Porter County United Way Partnership serving in Lake, Porter, LaPorte and Starke counties are collecting new books for school children in kindergarten through grade 3.
When we moved to Northwest Indiana in 2006, we received an unbelievably warm welcome. This community has become our home, and now by working with the Porter County United Way, we hope we can give back to a community that has been so gracious to us.
Follow The Times
- 1 Calls of tiger on the loose in Gary prompt police search
- 2 Historical Blue Top Drive-In returns under new ownership
- 3 2 girls in critical condition, mom hospitalized after Hammond shooting
- 4 Cops: Help ID Highland Best Buy robbery suspect
- 5 Cops investigating Griffith man's death after fight with friends
Call or Stop in today!
Dean's Lawn & Landscaping offers you years of experience a…
Click to visit our website and start booking your vacation now!
Does the state do enough to cultivate economic growth in Northwest Indiana?