Sunday's storms downed tree limbs and caused power outages across the region, with up to 2,500 NIPSCO customers without power at any one time.
A sherriff's vehicle sits Thursday in flood waters caused by Isaac, north of LaPlace, La, off Lake Pontchartrain. The National Hurricane Center said Isaac was expected to become a tropical depression by Thursday night.
Georgia McClellan's Merrillville home was warm Wednesday afternoon because it had been without power since early Tuesday, but her attitude stayed cool.
I really don’t understand why, in the 21st century, utility companies can’t protect their wires and transformers from inclement weather.
Alex Iwashyna didn't realize how many of her neighbors in Richmond, Va., had backup generators until her own family bought one in the dark days after Hurricane Irene. As she endured the drone of a combustion engine in her backyard, she noticed the same steady noise from neighbors' homes.
About 500 NIPSCO customers remained without power Friday night following a series of storms and fierce winds.
Severe storms whipped through the region Monday morning, knocking out power to thousands and causing delays on the South Shore and Metra commuter lines.
Fewer than 700 NIPSCO and ComEd customers in Northwest Indiana and Chicago's south suburbs remained without power Wednesday afternoon following Tuesday night's storms.
MERRILLVILLE | Hundreds of residents lost power Monday morning, as thunderstorms slammed the Calumet Region.
ST. LOUIS | A severe storm that struck the St. Louis area left homes flattened in suburbs around the main airport, which remained closed Saturday a day after being hit by a tornado.
CHICAGO | Standing water on Chicago-area expressways turned what should have been an easy Saturday morning drive into a soggy, snarled mess after heavy rains across the Midwest closed roads, stranded residents and punched a hole through an Iowa dam.
Follow The Times
Call Timeless Images Photography today at 219-934-9028. We can…
Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating
We have many styles to choose from.
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm