SPRINGFIELD | Another inmate death is under investigation at the Menard Correctional Center.
SPRINGFIELD | A 34-year-old southern Illinois man last week became the first Illinois prison inmate sent home on parole under a revamped early release program.
SPRINGFIELD | The Quinn administration began taking the first steps Wednesday to restart an early inmate release program that could reduce the population of the state’s overcrowded prison system.
SPRINGFIELD | More than six months have passed since Gov. Pat Quinn approved legislation designed to ease overcrowding within the state’s bursting-at-the-seams prison system.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. | Not only does Gov. Pat Quinn's state budget proposal call for shoehorning more inmates into fewer prisons, it also would reduce drug counseling and job training programs for prisoners.
SPRINGFIELD | A new report says Illinois is locking up too many juveniles in youth prisons that are understaffed and lack effective programs.
Follow The Times
Our new Valparaiso Health Center is open! Physician offices, lab, advanced imaging, Immediate Care Center!
Wonder Years Learning Center, Inc. now offers extended hours!
Fast-teks provides on-site computer service and call-in remote…
$2299.00 due at lease signing. Contact dealer for details. (21…
Overworked just keeping up with daily house maintenance?
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm