Property Tax Caps
INDIANAPOLIS | The state board that let Gary exceed Indiana's property tax caps for three years to help straighten out the city's finances has a new mission.
INDIANAPOLIS | The decision by Republican state lawmakers to enact a right-to-work law earlier this year has improved perceptions of Indiana's business climate.
HAMMOND | A pair of buildings that once housed Hammond Public Library branches have been put up for sale by library trustees.
INDIANAPOLIS | Counties, cities and towns could seek permission to bust the state's property tax caps under a local government reform plan proposed Tuesday by Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman.
HAMMOND | In what board members and patrons called "a heartbreaking decision," the Hammond Public Library Board of trustees voted unanimously Tuesday to close the city's two remaining library branches Nov. 1.
GARY | In 1991, St. John resident Joseph Gomeztagle fought and won a change in the way Indiana assesses property. On Monday, as executive director of the Midwest Business and Economic Research Group, he sounded a rallying cry to end the state's 1–2–3 property tax formula and change the India…
INDIANAPOLIS | Gary property owners will continue paying the highest tax rates in the state -- but for only one more year.
This resolution authorizes the city of Gary and three other Gary taxing units to exceed the state property tax caps in order to reach the levies listed in the resolution.
INDIANAPOLIS | Four Gary taxing districts will learn April 13 whether they will be permitted to charge rates in excess of the state's property tax caps for a third straight year.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gary will make its third annual plea for an exemption from the state's property tax caps on Jan. 7.
HOBART | The Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly networking meeting for members and invited guests Tuesday at Avalon Manor, 3550 E. U.S. 30.
Follow The Times
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Sturdy boxes keep files archived and safe. Order your storage …
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
2012 President Award Winner and Toyota Time Sales Event features ZERO percent on 9 different models.
Visit us at www.toyotaofmerrillville.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am