A desire to recycle, save money and add that personal, imaginative touch is what entices many crafty people to create what easily can be bought. This time of year, that includes crafting a lunch sack.
On the road to Shipshewana, time seems to travel backwards, asphalt changing to dirt and scenes becoming more 1800s than 21st century. Young girls wearing bonnets and homemade cotton dresses maneuver horse and buggies and horse-pulled lorries loaded with colorful fall produce are my fellow r…
HAMMOND | Friends of the Hammond Public Library are raising funds and awareness by asking the public to “Keep the Library Covered . . . Help Make a Quilt.” During a 10-day “quilting bee” through Saturday, quilt squares made from heavy paper will be available at the library’s Circulation Desk…
Bekki Lund demonstrates a Statler Stitcher, which can make a full-size quilt in four to five hours, during the String-A-Long Quilt Guild's 14th biennial quilt show, Patchwork & Posies, on Saturday at the Porter County Expo Center.
Martha Campolattara's "Big Bird" quilt was one of the award-winning designs on display Saturday during the String-A-Long Quilt Guild's 14th biennial quilt show. The show continues from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at the Porter County Expo Center.
Follow The Times
No one wants dandelions, weeds or any type of pest taking over…
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Is your sink leaking? Call Access A Plumber 24/7
We understand a lawn isn't just grass – it's an investment. An…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am