Race For The Future
Bill Halliar, founder of the Alternate Power Initiative Advisory Board, said Whiting is the ideal locale to host his annual "Race for the Future."
WHITING | The third annual Race for the Future is Saturday.
Driver Chris Markovich, left, and Joseph Markovich, both of Munster, work on their four-wheeled, air-powered "Air Bisquit" prior to the five-mile alternate power race on Whiting's downtown streets.
Tom Kimmel gets a better look down 119th Street as he starts his run with his steam-powered dune buggy at Saturday's second annual Race For The Future in Whiting.
In the future, cars may run on a source other than electricity or gasoline. That breakthrough could be on display Saturday in downtown Whiting.
Follow The Times
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
by Mail-in Rebate when you purchase a set of four select Goody…
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm