All the discussion of the February fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin by Neighborhood Watch captain George Zimmerman reminded me of the time I was stopped by police for what my wife and I assumed was "suspicion of being black."
HAMMOND | A federal court judge tossed a civil lawsuit against two Lake County police officers accused of racial profiling and using excessive force, federal court records show.
It's cold, wet, and there's no professional baseball being played outside here. Obviously, Indiana is not Arizona. Yet some Republican legislators want to try to make our laws similar.
SPRINGFIELD | Whether the burden should be on state officials and local police to enforce immigration law is again being hotly argued in the Illinois General Assembly.
Follow The Times
Contact Russell Tree Care today at 219-863-9953. We specialize…
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
For a confidential consultation, contact me or call my office …
Wonder Years Learning Center now has extended hours, until 11:30pm!
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm