If it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks, teaching old gardeners might be tricky.
PORTAGE | Breaking habits can be difficult, even when it comes to something as simple as cutting the lawn.
PORTAGE | The Board of Works on Monday authorized spending up to $21,000 for additional trash and recycling bins.
Recycling is good for the ecology and a community's economy, but efforts at recycling vary greatly across the region.
PORTAGE | The Utility Services Board this week approved reimbursing the street department for work done by its employees.
PORTAGE | Delivery of the new 96-gallon trash and recycling toters has been delayed to about half of the city.
PORTAGE | Delivery of the new 96-gallon trash and recycling toters is scheduled to begin this week.
PORTAGE | The streets and sanitation department was given approval by the Board of Works this week to seek bids on five new pieces of equipment.
PORTAGE | Officials are expecting the city's recycling collection to triple within the first month of putting a new collection system in place.
PORTAGE | The City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved a new trash collection ordinance.
PORTAGE | Parked outside the city's Street and Sanitation Department facility is a row of equipment.
PORTAGE | After a few delays, the Board of Works on Monday approved a five-year contract with Republic Services of Chesterton as the city's waste hauler, making automated trash and recycling one step closer to reality.
PORTAGE | City employees will take on more work maintaining city-owned property, including mowing and landscaping.
PORTAGE | The city made its first pitch Tuesday to switch from traditional trash collection to an automated system.
Follow The Times
At Hoosier Chiropractor, our philosophy is simple, you only pa…
Wonder Years Learning Center is proud to share its commitment!
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
Stop in to our showroom today and save 30%-50%-70% Off during …
FREE Wine Tasting* for THE 25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE – Friday, July 12th. Limited tickets available – call today! 219-836-3255
(*Free with the purchase of an adult theatre ticket to WHAT A …
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am