I have been reading several letters complaining that the government is intruding on religious freedom by making employer offer birth control.
Religious freedom is the freedom of an individual to choose their own religion and not be coerced by the state into choices not of their own making.
The tyranny that our founders stood against is the same tyranny we face in America today. Are we willing to stand united once again, or shall we go down in history as people who were caught up in selfish endeavors to fight for what our ancestors sacrificed to establish for us?
Proponents of a federal requirement giving women more access to contraception say the rule isn't unconstitutional and already has been revised to take into account the views of religious groups.
HAMMOND | The national debate over religious freedom and health care reform will play out locally in a Hammond federal court case filed by the University of Notre Dame.
Follow The Times
We are your Weber Grill headquarters! FREE assembly & FREE delivery on all gas Weber Grills $299.99 & up!
We are not a real estate agency. We are a multi-service compa…
Let us take care of the special someone for a few hours.
If you mention this ad, you'll receive 20% off!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm