BEIRUT | In an appeal that could stoke more fury over an anti-Islam film, the leader of the Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah called for sustained protests in a rare public appearance Monday at a rapturous but peaceful rally attended by hundreds of thousands of cheering supporters in Beirut.
Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, center, escorted by his bodyguards, waves to a crowd of tens of thousands of supporters during a rally Monday denouncing an anti-Islam film that has provoked a week of unrest in Muslim countries worldwide, in the southern suburb of Beirut, Lebanon. Na…
Afghan police stand by burning tires during a protest Monday in Kabul, Afghanistan. Hundreds of Afghans burned cars and threw rocks at a U.S. military base as a demonstration against an anti-Islam film that ridicules the Prophet Muhammad turned violent in the Afghan capital early Monday.
Not every daycare is created equal
Smoking compromise is bad for Hoosiers
Big challenge for new welfare process
Fines are fine, but law is necessary
Creationism is bad science
To gain a full understanding of the continued benefits to the state of leasing the Indiana Toll Road to a private operator, it's necessary to take a step back in time.
LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) — Casting himself as the Bible's ultimate underdog, Bishop Eddie Long went before thousands of faithful supporters at his megachurch Sunday and promised to fight accusations that he lured four young men into sexual relationships.
NEW YORK | The proposed mosque near ground zero drew hundreds of fever-pitch demonstrators Sunday, with opponents carrying signs associating Islam with blood, supporters shouting, "Say no to racist fear!" and American flags waving on both sides.
SPRINGFIELD | Candidates in the race to fill President Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat are split on building a mosque near the site of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York City.
Follow The Times
Bring your Family together around a new dining room table visit us at Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
When your pool is complete, we will teach you how to run all y…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Call 219 934 0750 for Details.
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that provides …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am