INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers this summer will review possible expansion plans for the South Shore Line and consider changes to the membership of its operating board, under a measure signed into law last week by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
MERRILLVILLE | Town leaders recently bid farewell to an employee who worked for Merrillville nearly as long as it has been a town.
Richard E. McCall retired recently after 35 years with the Merrillville Public Works Department.
If you're like many Americans, you have concerns about funding your retirement.
Do you lay awake at night wondering if you'll have enough money to pay the bills, let alone retire?
The Ivy Tech Community College Northwest campus celebrated the Dec. 31, 2012 retirement of Chancellor J. Guadalupe Valtierra at Avalon Manor in Hobart.
MERRILLVILLE | Veteran school Superintendent Tony Lux on Tuesday announced his retirement from Merrillville Community School Corp. effective June 30.
Portrait of stylish senior African American couple.
The three-legged stool of retirement planning is collapsing.
MERRILLVILLE | The Merrillville Police Department and other local agencies have made staffing adjustments after a longtime Merrillville officer has taken a new position.
LYNWOOD | As trick-or-treaters march around the village Wednesday in search of candy, Fire Chief Rich Eriks will be wrapping up a 37-year firefighting career.
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, Ill. | Marie Handley started her day Sept. 26 the way she has for 26 years: eating breakfast with more than a dozen toddlers, seated in booster seats around her.
Marie Handley, 88, is surrounded by toddlers she has cared for at the Elk Grove Township Day Care Center. Handley has retired after working 27 years at the day care center.
Marie Handley, 88, holds up a keepsake photograph gifted by co-workers upon her retirement at the Elk Grove Township Day Care Center. Handley has retired after working 27 years at the day care center.
Some people find retirement is not all that it’s supposed to be. Others wish they'd done it sooner.
CALUMET CITY | Sister Alban Hermes has devoted 65 years of her life to being a nun of the Sinsinawa Dominican order, although the past three decades are a period of her life she has been particularly pleased with.
Follow The Times
(219) 787-8600 www.lakeshoremotors.com
Wonder Years Learning Center now has extended hours, until 11:30pm!
We have many styles to choose from.
In September 26th, 2003, I received a message from God. God to…
customers 62 and over receive 10% off their total purchase! (E…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm