CROWN POINT | Center Township Trustee Elden Strong was elected by a Republican caucus Saturday morning to replace Rick Niemeyer as the Lake County Council's 7th District representative.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Republicans are scheduled to name the next Lake County Council member this weekend.
SCHNEIDER | The chief political proponent of Lake County's trash-to-ethanol plant says the project may again be close to securing land after a similar deal fell through last year.
CROWN POINT | The developer of a proposed garbage-to-ethanol plant reported Monday he has financing, land and commitments for enough municipal waste to keep his project alive.
SCHNEIDER | State officials warn this small southern Lake County community faces an bleak future if it cannot get its financial books back in order.
Richard E. Ludlow
CROWN POINT | The Lake County surveyor's office is asking the developer of a proposed $200 million trash-to-ethanol plant to meet with him over potential drainage issues.
Follow The Times
at Arthur Murray Indiana Dance Studio. Contact us at: 219-738-9041
A fun way to celebrate a special occasion… Each greeting consi…
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
Brown Tire of Portage Inc has been supplying quality Goodyear …
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm