UNIVERSITY PARK | Local access along Harlem Avenue at Stuenkel Road in University Park and Monee will be accessible in only the northbound direction, according to a news release from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
HAMMOND | Columbia Avenue could reopen to one lane of traffic in each direction by June 10, after a stretch of the road near the Grand Calumet River closed in mid-April for construction work.
CHICAGO | A company that did engineering studies for the 2012 reconstruction of Wentworth Avenue in Lansing will receive an additional $37,000 payment from Cook County.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. | Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn's administration says a cabinet member's pledge is the key to making a road-construction boost work this spring.
MERRILLVILLE | Two town projects haven't advanced as quickly as Council President Shawn Pettit wanted.
PORTAGE | Understanding the gas tax as a component of highway funding is not something many people do. So Build Indiana Council has created a video to "start a conversation" on finding solutions for what is becoming a problem.
A road project costing $4.6 million is going to catch your attention, especially if it's adjacent to a community infamous for roads in third-world condition — hill and urban, to mention a few. So I attended the public hearing by planning firm DLZ at the Valparaiso City Hall.
CHICAGO | The Cook County Board has given its support for funding to road repair and upgrade projects throughout the Chicago area, including several projects in the south suburbs.
LANSING | The effects of a strike between a construction labor union and companies that oversee road, sewer and water projects across the Chicago area is trickling down to local road repair projects.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
Every Sunday, the buffet table holds delicious breakfast and lunch dishes for our all-you-can-eat brunch.
Held every Sunday, with seating between 11:00am and 2:00p…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am