INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House voted 92-6 Monday to establish a preschool pilot program providing tuition support for up to 1,000 4-year-olds to attend preschool in five to-be-determined counties.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House agreed Thursday to limit participation in a preschool voucher pilot program to 4-year-olds only.
INDIANAPOLIS | Two education proposals backed by Gov. Mike Pence that would expand eligibility for Indiana's private school voucher program and extend state voucher funding to pre-kindergarten students were approved Thursday by a House committee.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House on Thursday overwhelmingly approved legislation intended to ensure high school students are ready for college classes, but a region lawmaker accused representatives of trying to do remediation "on the cheap."
When the former superintendent of Wayne Township Schools in the Indianapolis area retired in December, he reportedly left with a package worth more than $1 million, drawing the attention of the public and legislators.
INDIANAPOLIS | More than 600 school and community leaders shared strategies Wednesday to reduce Indiana's high school dropout rate, including a LaPorte County program that works with expelled students to keep them on track toward graduation.
One of the local government reforms East Chicago needs is an elected school board. It's time for the Indiana General Assembly to make this happen.
Follow The Times
Call us today and we’ll fix the leak in your home!
In the event of your death, help make sure your loved ones are…
We Have the Perfect Solution for Your Landscaping Project. Call Perfect Solutions Home Improvement Now!!!
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm