University of Wyoming energy economics professor Timothy Considine believes all jobs are not created equal.
"We are competitive."
Manufacturing activity in the United States is following a similarly volatile pattern as it continues to recover from the impact of the Great Recession.
After a solid seven months of the year, Roy Berlin said product volumes shipped from his steel service center have been down in recent months.
SCHERERVILLE | From his office window, Joel Chermak can get a visual confirmation of what financial statements for the company tell him on a daily basis.
Steel service center executive Roy Berlin said the energy, mining and automotive sectors are continuing to lift domestic manufacturing and it is benefiting companies in Northwest Indiana.
Earnings for companies in the manufacturing sector should improve in 2012 compared to last year, steel service business owner Roy Berlin said.
Manufacturing activity is continuing its improvement from previous months on the back of sectors including automotive and energy, Roy Berlin said.
Roy Berlin said his customers, which are users of steel, are doing better than they were in the throes of the recession a few years ago.
Manufacturing sector in the last three months/next three months
The owner of a Hammond steel processor and service center said his customers are expecting higher sales as a result of increased activity and orders.
Follow The Times
Please contact us for scheduling or stop by our location in Va…
Call Timeless Images Photography today at 219-934-9028 and vis…
We offer warranty for life, zero dwnpymt programs, pay to…
Move into an Olthof Homes community today!
Sturdy boxes keep files archived and safe. Order your storage …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am