LANSING | World War II Veteran Rudy Hartge visited Oak Glen School in Lansing recently to talk to fifth grade students about his experiences serving in Europe. View photos from his visit at: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496624817049487.112498.180495781995727&type=3.
LANSING | World War II Veteran Rudy Hartge of Crown Point visited Oak Glen School in Lansing last week to talk about his experiences serving in the U.S. Army in Africa, Italy, France and Germany during the war. Hartge was born in Germany and his family immigrated to Lansing when he was 8-yea…
Veteran Rudy Hartge talks about his time as a combat engineer during World War II.
Rudy Hartge was born in Germany in 1919 and immigrated to the United States at age 8. After three attempts to join the U.S. Army, he served during World War II for three years and three days. He now lives in Crown Point with his wife, Joann.
Throughout the region, walking among us are military heroes who have seen things we can only read about in history books or see re-created by Hollywood actors. They are men of what has become known as the Greatest Generation. Without complaint, they endured those experiences to ensure the na…
Follow The Times
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
We can proudly say that our success stems from the fairness of…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am