The outlook for K-12 education might be a bit murky as educators across the state wait for new state education leader Glenda Ritz to set her agenda.
Some local educators see similarities in the issues facing striking Chicago public school teachers and the problems Indiana teachers have dealt with.
MUNSTER | A new online math program is helping Munster middle school students improve on success. In line with the school district's one-to-one laptop initiative implemented this school year, the district adopted the Pearson all-digital math program for Wilbur Wright Middle School.
Indiana's top education official, Tony Bennett, made it crystal clear he supports legislation that limits teacher collective bargaining to wages and wage-related fringe benefits.
While most Northwest Indiana schools missed two or three days of classes because of last week's blizzard, none will be granted a waiver by the Indiana Department of Education.
Local educators have plenty to say about the rough draft evaluation forms the Indiana Department of Education released Thursday; some like it, some don't.
Follow The Times
Call RL Roofing at 219-872-8281.
Exp. 5/31/13 219-738-2323
Kovenz Memorial currently offers QR codes for placement on you…
Right now, at American Family Insurance, we are offering big d…
Bob’s Custom Cycle Shop specializes in older Harley Bikes! Bri…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm