Hoosiers have the unique luxury of being the fiscal envy of the nation because of the sound policies of the last eight years. Rather than discussing which taxes to increase as they are in Kansas and other states, policymakers are talking about which tax to cut.
Popular perception to the contrary, Indiana is not a low-tax state. When you add up all the different taxes – property, sales and income assessed by federal, state or local government – we rank right in the middle.
Follow The Times
See our April Circular for all of our specials: http://acehard…
Time to take control of your life!
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
Fast-teks is one of the fastest growing on-site Business compu…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season4 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins6 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm