Time for a confession. As a child, I never once celebrated Mother's Day. My parents thought the holiday was nothing more than a cheesy excuse to sell greeting cards, and who was I to argue?
Sometimes, even on a weeknight, you really crave a little dessert. But making dessert takes time, and you already are spending time cooking up the main event, namely dinner.
Red beans and rice is one of the signature dishes of New Orleans, which explains why Louis Armstrong, perhaps the city's best known ambassador, used to sign off his letters, "Red beans and ricely yours..."
With Mardi Gras upon us, I wanted to turn this classic dish into a hearty (and healthy) soup fit for a Mardi Gras party.
I've reconfigured one of my favorite dim sum dishes: shrimp toasts.
Buffalo-style chicken wings and chicken nuggets are just the sort of thing deep-fried deliciousness we're talking about.
Everybody loves French onion soup, and with good reason.
Though black-eyed peas have been around forever, they generally don't get a lot of attention. But I think you really ought to give them a second look.
TV chef champions return to family dinners
Follow The Times
Serving All North West Indiana.
You work hard for all you have. A comfortable home. A car that…
Call us today and we’ll fix the leak in your home!
Call now and SAVE $60.00 on an 8 pack of ½ hour Boot Camp Work…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season2 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins4 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm