Indiana state Sen. Scott Schneider's legislation to overturn the Indiana State Board of Education's decision to adopt the Common Core Standards must be defeated.
State legislators' efforts to withdraw Indiana from the Common Core State Standards, a set of academic standards for students in kindergarten to 12th grade, are ill-advised, several local educators said.
The cat and mouse game of Mike Pence and the "moral" issues that have been a virtual trademark of his meteoric political career are now beginning to come forward in his gubernatorial campaign against Democrat John Gregg.
Carmel's Center for the Performing Arts opened its doors last weekend with a glamorous debut. Featuring Indiana limestone and Italian stone beneath a Palladio dome, the center will last 500 years or longer, its website says "creating a legacy that will be passed along to our children and gra…
Follow The Times
Wonder Years Learning Center, Inc. now offers extended hours!
We offer warranty for life, zero dwnpymt programs, pay to…
$7 off full service oil change OR Select Flush Services: Including Trans, Coolant, Oil System Clnr, Power Steering.
Exp 6/29/13. 219-922-1288
Call McMahon & Associates Certified Public Accountants, P.…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm