INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosiers out of work for more than 26 weeks and collecting unemployment will see their weekly benefit payments shrink 10.7 percent starting April 8.
As families prepare to eat Easter ham,
The sequester is truly a critical step in the monumental effort of reducing the federal deficit. Hopefully it will also serve as a down payment toward our $16 trillion national mortgage.
Something doesn't add up. President Barack Obama blames Republicans for the sequester even though it was originally his idea. Obama blames Republicans for not compromising on taxes even though they already agreed to raise taxes in January.
Offering perspective on today's isues
Young children play and learn at the Geminus Head Start St. Mark's site in Gary.
Head Start teacher Huberta Lewis helps Madeliene Yancy, 4, Jordyn Anderson, 4, and Makayla Walker, 5, build a city at the Geminus Head Start St. Mark's site in Gary.
James Hopkins, 4, plays with blocks at the Geminus Head Start St. Mark's site in Gary.
MERRILLVILLE | Federal budget cuts already are being felt by some of Indiana's youngest residents.
Offering perspective on today's issues
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana National Guard felt the first pinch Monday as federal budget cuts known as the sequester began to take their toll on Hoosiers.
INDIANAPOLIS | Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann is not letting the federal budget sequester, which will slice $492 billion from defense spending over the next 10 years, ruin her plans to lure defense companies to the state through the new Indiana Office of Defense Development.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Graduation parties are just around the corner. Call to order today!
Let us take care of the special someone for a few hours.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
In Today's Paper
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm