Severe Thunderstorm Watch
A beach hazards statement remains in effect through Tuesday night for Lake Michigan beaches in Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties.
Two lines of powerful storms battered the region late Monday as emergency responders scrambled to deal with damage caused by high winds, lighting and heavy rain.
A strong storm rolled through the region late Tuesday, spewing hail and wreaking havoc on region roads.
Tens of thousands of region customers lost power in Tuesday morning storms, and utility representatives said service may not be restored for several days.
The region could get a brief but potentially dangerous reprieve from the drought this afternoon and evening.
Follow The Times
- 1 Man loses job, goes to jail after Facebook comments targeting police
- 2 Four teens charged in killing at River Oaks Mall
- 3 Officials seek help ID'ing woman killed by semi on U.S. 30
- 4 Munster man expected to serve 11 years under OWI plea agreement
- 5 Trees, utility poles downed as storm slams region
Flex Equity Line just 1.99% APR for first 12-months! Turn your home’s equity into the cash you need.
Visit our website for details.
Come visit us today!
One coupon per customer, per service.
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that has proud…
DSL works by transmitting digital data via your home phone lin…
Should the Indiana attorney general's office compel all Lake County municipalities to merge E-911 dispatch services?