CHICAGO | Chicago's Shedd Aquarium is now offering healthy menu options to the more than 750,000 children who visit each year.
Rumors circulating that the Chicago River may reverse itself due to low water levels in Lake Michigan are bogus, according to experts at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
GARY | Nearly 100 middle school students at Aspire Charter Academy in Gary participated in the Shedd Aquarium Wreath-Cycled Classroom Challenge. The contest was sponsored by the McDonald's Owner Operators of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana.
CHICAGO | Three Asian carp now call Chicago's Shedd Aquarium home.
CHICAGO | The baby beluga whale born at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium is a girl.
In this April 3 photo provided by the Shedd Aquarium, Lisa Takaki, the aquarium's senior director of marine mammals, interacts with Kenai, one of the last two sea otters rescued from the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1989.
This April 3 photo provided by the Shedd Aquarium shows Kenai, one of the last two sea otters rescued from the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1989. Shedd Aquarium officials said Wednesday that they euthanized the 23-year-old, female sea otter on Tuesday.
CHICAGO | One of the last two sea otters rescued from the Exxon Valdez oil spill off Alaska's coast in 1989 has been euthanized at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium, officials said Wednesday.
CHICAGO | There's a new baby beluga at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium.
Janet Barnes and Ashley Weinzweig
David Trace, Alex Levy and Dan Philips
Matt Canna and Julie Hawkins
Jack Hammond, Jason Gilboy and T.J. Dammrich
Andrew Bleiman and Janet Barnes
The Chicago skyline. Lake Michigan. The Shedd Aquarium. Fireworks. You can’t ask for much more than that, but in case you’re extra hard to please, they tossed in a few live jazz bands.
With all due respect to the actual parameters of the potential assignment, Hammond Academy of Science and Technology sophomore Attia Gray can probably wrap up one of those tried-and-true “What I Did On My Summer Vacation” essays with just one simple word: water.
Beginning July 1, "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" will debut as a "4D experience" at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
CHICAGO | The pod of Pacific white-sided dolphins at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium has a new addition with the birth of a calf on Memorial Day.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Whether you need plumbing repairs or kitchen and bathroom rem…
(888) 539-1875 southlakeautomall.com
See dealer for details. (888)360-8519 www.griegermotor…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am