Joanna Daniels and Curtis Pettyjohn, the Chicago duo of local stage veterans playing "stage veterans" Ethel and Fred Mertz of "I Love Lucy" TV fame have a clever way of interpreting their performance art.
One might say Sirena Irwin is much more kitchen savvy than the fun-loving famous redhead she's portraying on stage in Chicago.
Resurrecting the Favorite Redhead of Reruns: Midwest premiere of 'I Love Lucy Live on Stage' channels fans of sitcom characters
Rick Sparks, the man behind I Love Lucy Live on Stage, knows just how dedicated fans are of Lucille Ball and her landmark TV comedy starring the Ricardos and the Mertzes.
Sirena Irwin and Bill Mendieta play classic TV characters Lucy and Ricky Ricardo of sitcom fame in I Love Lucy Live on Stage at Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place in Chicago through November 11.
Actress Sirena Irwin studied countless episodes of "I Love Lucy" to fine-tune the mannerisms of the famed red-headed comedienne's Lucy Ricardo character for I Love Lucy Live on Stage, which has its Midwest premiere in Chicago at the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place through November 11.
Sirena Irwin and Bill Mendieta play classic TV characters Lucy and Ricky Ricardo of sitcom fame in "I Love Lucy Live on Stage" at Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place in Chicago through Nov. 11.
Cast members Sirena Irwin (center) as Lucy, Curtis Pettyjohn (right) as Fred and Joanna Daniels as Ethel star in "I Love Lucy Live on Stage" playing a Chicago run until Nov. 11.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Sirena Irwin (left to right) and Bill Mendieta star as Lucy and Ricky, along with Ed Martin playing an episode eye doctor in "I Love Lucy Live," a stage tour coming to Chicago in fall 2012.
Follow The Times
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that provides …
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Come visit us at The Comfy Couch Today!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am