Tuesday's snowstorm gave kids and adults a perfect day for sledding at Forest Park in Valparaiso.
Terry and Sue Anderson walk the sledding hill at Rogers-Lakewood Park Wednesday. The couple are preparing for a hiking trip to the Grand Canyon, and the hills force them to use muscles they wouldn't by running alone.
Until this winter, I'd never heard of bumper cars on a skating rink. And it wasn't until recently that I had my first chance to carve turns down a ski hill on a snowbike.
Steven Schnosenberg, 9, of Crown Point, takes advantage of both a day off from school and Thursday's snowstorm to trudge Lake County Fairgrounds hills for some sledding Friday.
Sledding down hills covered with fresh snow may seem like a perfect cure for cabin fever, but it can lead to an emergency room visit if children aren't careful. Follow these tips from a pro to help keep your children injury free.
Families have fun staying fit, at YMCA and at home
Jeff Kalch, 25, of Valparaiso, slides down the hill Thursday at Forest Park Golf Course along Harrison and Yellowstone in Valparaiso.
Winter sports enthusiasts slide down the hill Thursday at Forest Park Golf Course along Harrison and Yellowstone in Valparaiso.
Steve Nelson, 18, of Portage catches some air off of a ramp Thursday while friends, at left, Zac Vardaman, 16, and Brandon Welp, 18, both of Portage, await their turn at Forest Park Golf Course along Harrison and Yellowstone in Valparaiso.
Kids play in the snow and go sledding Tuesday at the home of Karen Kemp in Crown Point.
Children sled Tuesday in Crown Point.
Kolt Kemp, 11, goes sledding in his backyard in Crown Point, Tuesday, Dec 21, 2010.
Follow The Times
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
replacing offer: (Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating does…
Now Is the Time To Update Your Bathroom. Call Midwest Remodeling, Windows & Doors & Get 30% Off Your Bathroom Remodeling Project
Get the Bathroom you’ve always wanted and SAVE $$ at the same time.
Introducing CertainTeed new product line the Patriot. For thos…
Call 219-793-1111 for more details. www.alliedhealthnwi.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am