Wendell Smith, 96, was born and raised in Chicago, where his family owned South Chicago Auto Wreckers. He worked in the family business for several years and after his parents sold the business, he worked as a truck driver and warehouse worker for auto parts businesses in Chicago. In later y…
INDIANAPOLIS | A sick feeling is emanating through the New York Knicks.
The new bridge on Airport Road near the Gary/Chicago International Airport will be named the Quentin P. Smith Tuskegee Airman Memorial Bridge. The Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority paid the $11.6 million tab for building the bridge, which is part of the $166 million airport ru…
Gary/Chicago International Airport board President Nate Williams, from left, Lake County Commissioner Roosevelt Allen, Quentin P. Smith Jr. and Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson unveil one of the signs for the new bridge on Airport Road. The bridge was dedicated in honor of the late Tuskegee A…
Gary/Chicago International Airport board Vice President Marion Johnson presides over a ceremony Friday dedicating the new bridge on Airport Road in honor of the late Tuskegee Airman Quentin P. Smith. The new overpass will be called the Quentin P. Smith Tuskegee Airman Memorial Bridge.
Photos of 11-year-old Jacob Smith adorn a post at his home April 20 in South Haven. Jacob was diagnosed with autism when he was 22 months old.
South Haven resident Jennifer Smith says her autistic 11-year-old son, Jacob, has become increasingly violent, kicking holes in walls at their home and breaking windows.
South Haven resident Jennifer Smith holds a 2009 photo of her son Jacob, who was diagnosed with autism when he was 22 months old. Smith says her son has become increasingly violent but no one will place him in a group home where he would receive better care.
Staff prepare Thursday night for the grand opening of Aquavor.
Dawna (Smith) Natzke in a 1983 Lake Central High School yearbook photo.
Indiana legislators talk about conducting the state's business from their temporary headquarters in Urbana, Illinois.
Central Elementary School first-grader Samuel Gaines tries out binoculars during the Portage Parks Outdoor Education class at the Indiana National Lakeshore Portage lakefront Friday, Jan. 14. Students were able to learn about the winter environment from Portage Parks program teacher Cynthia…
Portage Central Elementary School first-grader Samuel Gaines looks through binoculars during the Portage Parks Outdoor Education class Friday at the Indiana National Lakeshore, Portage Lakefront. Students learned about the winter environment from Portage Parks program teacher Cynthia Smith-Faught.
Students from Central Elementary School, of Portage, look with binoculars over the lakefront during the Portage Parks Outdoor Education class Friday at the Indiana National Lakeshore, Portage Lakefront.
Portage Central Elementary School first-grader Isaiah Burch uses binoculars to look over the lake shoreline during the Portage Parks Outdoor Education class Friday at the Indiana National Lakeshore Portage Lakefront.
Students from Central Elementary School, of Portage, participate in the Portage Parks Outdoor Education class Friday at the Indiana National Lakeshore's Portage Lakefront and Riverfront Pavilion.
Follow The Times
Buying, selling, or trading jewelry?? We have got you covered at J&J Coin & Stamps!! Click here now to see!!
For 50 years we have been buying, selling, and trading jewelry…
Sittin' Pretty can Turn that Unruly Pup Into a Companion Dog! Call Today to Hear About Obedience Training!(219) 947-4121
Sittin' Pretty is a locally owned and owner operated boarding,…
“Thanks for fulfilling our dream. We have the perfect home tha…
There is a lot more to closing a pool than just throwing a tarp over it! Call Your Local Pool Guy for a pool closing. He can offer protection against damage from improper winterization. (219) 712-7188
Be sure to like us on Facebook.
Over 17,000 fires or more are started in dryer vents! Get yours cleaned out this year with Judd & Son Chimney Service! Call us for your appointment before it's too late: 219-365-0099
Many fires start out in the dryer vent. Highly flammable lint …
Should Jeff Langbehn resign as Lake County Solid Waste Management District executive director?