It’s at the top of many New Year’s resolution lists — quitting smoking. In fact, 15 million people try to quit smoking cigarettes yearly. Only 5 percent succeed when they use no support or go cold turkey. Moreover, the average smoker will attempt to quit up to nine times before successfully …
Most of us take the health of our spine for granted . . . until something goes wrong. Luckily, there are ways to make sure your spine stays in tip-top condition throughout the years.
VALPARAISO | With Indiana finally having adopted a smoke free law, Susan Gleason said it's a good time for residents to take advantage of the state's annual "Quit Now Indiana" campaign and maybe win $2,500.
For a second consecutive year, the smoking rate for Hoosier adults has decreased, according to a study released Tuesday by the Indiana State Department of Health.
INDIANAPOLIS | For a second consecutive year, the smoking rate for Hoosier adults has decreased, according to a study released Tuesday by the Indiana State Department of Health.
Indiana joined the rest of the world Tuesday in celebrating World No Tobacco Day. This global health observation was created to teach people about the dangers of tobacco use and highlight public health efforts in the fight against the tobacco epidemic.
Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death and disease in the United States. The impact on Indiana is even greater, as the state ranks fifth in the nation for highest smoking rates, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Follow The Times
Now Is the Time To Update Your Bathroom. Call Midwest Remodeling, Windows & Doors & Get 30% Off Your Bathroom Remodeling Project
Get the Bathroom you’ve always wanted and SAVE $$ at the same time.
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am