Generation Y. Millenials. iGeneration. Apathetic. All of these terms have been used to describe people my age. We have survived Y2K, observed the changes of our post-9/11 world, used technology in ways that older generations only dreamed of and have achieved the reputation of being political…
Readers of Newsweek magazine have recently been subjected to a difficult choice: continue their subscription online, or stop reading it completely. As of Jan. 1, Newsweek has officially switched to an online-only magazine.
The person behind one of the country's fastest-growing animal rescues can't even vote yet. And neither can most of the people leading its 10 chapters across the nation.
Every four years a, magical time envelops the United States, where freedom of expression frolics throughout the fields of liberty and truth.
The hard drive in my laptop crashed without warning last month. Fortunately, a friend was able to install a new hard drive, operating system and miscellaneous programs, and I was back in business within a few hours. Unfortunately, all of my music, photos, writing samples, homework (basically…
The average teenager probably checks Facebook more often than he watches the news or reads the newspaper. For teens, most of our news comes from social networking and what our Facebook friends have to say about the world.
INDIANAPOLIS | The state's investment regulator is warning Hoosiers to be wary of investment advice received on social networking sites, such as Facebook or Twitter.
Streaming movies might not yet have the equivalent of a theater experience, with roaring crowds crunching on popcorn, but they are getting more social.
As seemingly the last person without a cell phone (I'm still in therapy over the change from rotary dial phones to those newfangled pushbutton models), I sometimes wonder if they aren't just a fad, like TV and Justin Bieber's hair.
Follow The Times
Geothermal heating and cooling systems use 40-60% less energy than conventional systems. Learn more about what it might save you today!
We have been installing quality windows in homes across the re…
Please note, not all ENERGY STAR qualified products qualify fo…
No one wants dandelions, weeds or any type of pest taking over…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am